If you have suffered a slip or fall in public...
Our public liability lawyers can help you pursue your entitlement to compensation.
It may be a dog attack in a park or a slip in a supermarket. Whatever the nature of the personal injury, our public liability lawyers can help you make a public liability claim.
These are typical public liability claims:
- Visiting a business – owners are responsible for the safety of people on their property. If they have negligently caused your injury, you can serve them with a personal injury claim.
- Shopping centres – slips and falls are the most common types of accidents in shopping centres. Our accident lawyers can advise you of your rights.
- At school – children are entitled to proper supervision, including protection from bullying and harassment. Abuse of authority or power by teachers is a serious legal matter and the school authorities, including government authorities, could be held liable. Our sexual and institutional abuse legal team are leaders in their field.
- Footpaths and roads – trips that result in personal injuries are often caused by badly signed road works or major defects in repair work. A public liability claim may be made against a council or relevant authority.
- Sporting accidents – these are common and sporting clubs almost always carry public liability insurance in the event that their players sustain a personal injury on the field or on the court.
- Play equipment – owners, including councils, have a responsiblity to properly maintain public facilities. If a personal accident occurs, you may be entitled to make a public liability claim for compensation.
- Dog attacks – owners are immediately liable to have a public liability claim lodged against them if the dog attack occurs outside the owner's property.
What shoud I do if I'm injured?
- Report the incident to the person you think is responsible - immediately.
- Ask witnesses for their names and addresses.
- See a doctor for medical treatment and explain how the injury happened.
- Go back to the scene of the incident and take photos of the area, noting the date the photos were taken.
- Call us! Our public liaibility lawyers have experence and proven results.
Remember – if an insurance company contacts you regarding the accident or public injury, contact us immediately!
It is important not to discuss the matter before seeking legal advice.